I'm a Mrs!

by - September 14, 2017


Oh hey, I'm Mrs. Vaughan now! 
It's been exactly one month since I got to marry my best friend! I must say, so much has happened since our wedding it feels much longer than that. As soon as we returned from our honeymoon, hurricane Harvey hit Houston. We moved in to our apartment, two days later we moved in with my parents because the bottom floor of our place was flooding! Thankfully we are on the second floor and now happily moved in again. 
My heart is so broken for all those who lost their homes, business, and so much more. I am continually thankful and humbled by everything I see. All my poor neighbors on the first floor lost everything. 
It puts things in perspective. A month before the flood I was worrying about candles and tablecloths and wedding details. When we got home all my other concerns about a broken dishwasher or organizing seemed to wash away as the disaster struck. I have never seen a community come together like I have now. It amazes me what the Lord can do through such a devastating time. 
My sweet hubs is an EMT and I have also seen his hard work and dedication during these few weeks. I am so thankful to be married to a man who loves others so selflessly and fearlessly. 
We almost planned the wedding for the weekend that it flooded. Thank the Lord we didn't wait! My heart goes out to all the brides who have had their plans completely thrown out the window. 
Please keep Houston and Florida in your prayers!  

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Awe, congrats! You are such a gorgeous bride! HE IS SO DANG LUCKY. ♥♥♥

    That's a crazy first week of marriage. Phew. Glad the flooding didn't reach the second floor, because that would totally be a downer. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thrilled to congratulate you on your wedding! :) Your photos are beautiful.

    Sad to hear about Houston ... glad that your apartment was safe, but so sorry about others who were affected ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY FOR NEWLYWEDS!!

    My man happens to be a firefighter, so I know just what it's like to see the love of your life head out into the weather that everyone else is hiding from. Makes you proud, doesn't it?!

    Awesome bit of perspective, too. I've been a little too absorbed in nesting before "Thing 2" joins our family in a few months. Great reminder.

    So happy that I stumbled across your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog