I don't have a new year's resolution

by - January 11, 2018


I don't have a new year's resolution this year. I find for me, more often than not, they tend to be pretty useless. Not that I'm judging anyone who has resolutions or goals, I just don't this year.

2017 was a very FULL year for me. I got engaged, married, and moved out in the span of five months! It was probably the best and the most difficult year of my life. There were so many wonderful sweet, sweet moments where I remember thanking God for wonderful blessings which I know I don't deserve. And there were also many moments where I found myself crying and asking the Lord, "how can this be your plan for me? Father, I don't understand."

We do our best to make plans and goals and new year's resolutions, and that's all fine and dandy until a curve ball comes your way. Or maybe you reach your goal and realize it doesn't make you as happy as you thought it would.  ( I know that's happened to me before.) I think we live in a world where success is an idol. Than why aren't successful people happy?  You see it all the time; celebrities who seem to have everything aren't happy. Nor are those seemingly perfect neighbors down the street with nicer cars than you.

I always find myself thinking, "Ok, once I have THIS, than I will be happy and content." I imagine God looking and me and shaking his head.

This year I didn't make a new year's resolution because I'm truly living life day by day right now. I never know how I'm going to feel when I wake up in the morning. That sounds a little depressing, but it's not; not really. Living in the moment instead of worrying about the future is freeing. Learning to love the little things is beautiful. Discovering your worth in your heavenly father, time and time again, is crucial and grounding. At least it is for me.

I do have goals and hopes and dreams, but I want them to unfold according to HIS plan and not my own. I want to learn how to be content where he has me RIGHT NOW. Easier said than done! But I believe that healing is possible, and there is beauty in in every struggle.

Happy new year, folks,
Jana


You May Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog