Colorado 2016- part 1

by - August 30, 2016




Hey folks, I know it's been awhile! This year has gone by incredibly fast and I can hardly believe all that's happened in such a short amount of time. 
This year I was so blessed to be able to take a trip to  Buena Vista Colorado with my family and my boyfriend Hunter! I had never been there before. I couldn't believe my eyes- everywhere I looked it was like I was staring at a painting. I took a billion pictures...though I found no picture could ever quite capture the beauty of the rockies. 
This was monday- we drove up to St. Elmo, where there is a ghost town. One of the tourist attractions was feeding the chipmunks-yes, I loved it. Joy my little sister especially loved it :)  
This was the abandon mine at St. Elmo. Hunter and I drove up the mountain and then hiked a little ways up to find it. It was a little bit creepy, but beautiful at the same time. 

One of the nicest things was waking up in the mourning and sitting on the porch while watching the sun rise. When it would come up over the trees, the light would hit the white chalk cliffs behind our cabin and make them look pink and orange. 





This was at the continental divide. It was simply breathtaking. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it-We even found snow! I think that's the first time I've ever seen snow in August. 

I am so thankful I got to go. Yet there was this bittersweet feeling, because we all knew we had to come home to Houston. While Texas is home and I love my life here, sometimes I find myself longing to be surrounded with something other than concrete and strip malls. However, I truly am thankful for the time I spent there and I hope to go again someday! 

Bye for now, 
Jana

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. AHHHH COLORADO. I live here. HI. come back to little Colorado because she loves visitors. oh goodness. these pictures are amazing and the beauty of the mountains is gigantic. yikes. glad you had a good time!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mountain envy...it is real! Lol! Love you Jana!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog