Grace.

by - August 17, 2015


I am sitting on a balcony outside wrapped up in a blanket, and sipping on my coffee. It was seventy two degrees outside this morning, and of course I freaked out (hence the blanket...), because during August in Texas anything less that 90 degrees is a miracle.

Lately, I feel like the Lord has been gently pressing on my heart to allow myself some grace. For as long as I can remember, I've always wanted to be perfect. I want to sweep my flaws under the rug, and pretend perfection is completely attainable, even when I know that is not the case. When I read this quote on Rachel's blog, it was definitely convicting: 

“We don’t think of our flaws as the glue that binds us to the people we love, but they are. Grace only sticks to our imperfections. Those who can’t accept their imperfections can’t accept grace either.”-Donald Miller 

When I accept God's Grace I am free to not only learn how to accept myself, I am free to learn how to love others. Even my name, "Jana", means God is gracious. My imperfection is a gift, because it is a constant reminder of his perfect sacrifice. 

I leave you with this another quote, for it speaks better than I can: 


"A woman in her glory, a woman of beauty, is a woman who is not striving to become beautiful or worthy or enough. She knows in her quiet center where God dwells that he finds her beautiful, has deemed her worthy, and in him, she is enough." ~ S. Eldredge

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. oh my goodness! this is exactly what i've been learning lately. grace is such a difficult thing to grasp...perhaps because of it's simpleness. His perfect grace covers over us, and is willing to transform us. hallelujah. ♥ xx

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog