For he gives to his beloved sleep.

by - January 26, 2017



Is it too late to wish you a Happy New Year? I've sort of fallen off the face of the planet, sick with a nasty virus since Christmas. These days have been quiet and slow, filled with soft music, bbc tv shows, and chicken noodle soup. I know it doesn't sound so bad, but I'm going a little stir crazy. I'm very ready to feel like myself again. Forget new year's work out resolutions, my resolution is simply to be able to go throughout my day without feeling like I'm a creaky door hinge. I am getting better finally, but at a much slower pace than I'd prefer. At least three times this week I've read about patience in my bible. (Okay, Lord...okay..) Being sick has definitely given me a lot of time to think about the things I'm thankful for, and realize it's okay to slow down.  (Even when I'm not sick.) I read this a few days ago and it really struck a chord in my heart: 

"Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stays awake in vain. It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep. " - Psalm 127: 1-2

I tend to get sucked into a vortex of what ifs and anxiety. Especially when I'm busy and I forget to take the time to let the Lord quiet my heart and listen for his voice. Maybe I wasn't taking care of myself very well. Maybe I wasn't listening very well. I love that last line- for he gives to his beloved sleep. How many nights have I lied awake worrying and wondering? I often 'labor in vain', trying so hard that I end up setting unrealistic expectations for myself and taking my eyes off the Lord. 

I'm so grateful that I am getting better, and for all he is teaching me. 

So here's a list of things I'm very thankful for! 

1.) Family and friends who are absolutely so sweet and take care of me. Also, friends who model for me.) What would I do without them? Probably fall into a puddle and eat chocolate for eternity. 
2.) A wonderful job/boss/co-workers who can cover for me and help me out while I'm sick. 
3.) Medicine. 
4.) coffee. tea. more coffee and tea. all the coffee and tea. 
5.) Rain. I. love. rain. 
6.) This song. ( I have a new obsession with the 1975 evidently.) 
7.) My sweet boyfriend who has brought me starbucks multiple times and cuddles with me. 

Hope you're having a lovely week, 
Jana 

You May Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog