be still.

by - July 15, 2015


 I've been ten times busier than I thought I would be this summer. This has included: a new job,  launching a photography business, and bridesmaid duties. I am so excited for this new season of life and for all the new people I am meeting. However, when life gets so full, I feel my heart longing for time to be still. 
Am I the only one who gets home after a long day, plops down on the couch, and scrolls through instagram or turns on a good netflix show? I know there's nothing wrong with this, but for me this is time I could have spent writing or reading or creating.  
Part of the creating process means resting, thinking, and listening. Three things I feel I've neglected. I am not the most organized person, but I know in order to keep writing, I need to schedule in this special time. To stop for a moment and read a good book, write a page in my journal, and let myself breathe. (hint: instead of going on pinterest...hehe) 
Do any of you writers out there struggle with this? Let me know. What do you do to 'de-clutter' your brain, and spark imagination? 

-Jana

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I feel you, girl. I'm so busy and YES, being on netflix is my struggle too!
    but, i really need to turn it off and write or something. but it's hard! haha

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is literally my life...today, for example, was an 11 hour day at the pool where I lifeguard...and by the time I get home I just want to veg. I'm not sure how to fit creativity in yet, although after reading this post I got inspired and did some writing on my break!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog