Filling in the spaces.

by - May 02, 2015


“Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted.” -Slyvia Plath

It's easy to get caught up in the future. Goals, planning, hopes and dreams. They're all wonderful and exciting, but sometimes I forget that the 'in between' , the seemingly empty spaces in life, are the spaces where God calls me to grow
A dear friend told me; " Whatever the space is between you and where you want to be, fill that space with Jesus." God is not the one who is impatient. I always want to go to the next thing, that I  forget to stop and enjoy the moment that I'm in. Despite the difficulties of these in between stages, there is beauty. There is beauty, comfort, and peace when I am leaning on Jesus.  

Isaiah 51:  "The Lord will surely comfort Zion and will look with compassion on all her ruins; he will make her deserts like Eden, her wastelands like the garden of the Lord. Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sounds of singing." 

You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. I love this quote, like wow. So much. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. The beauty of God's grace is that He overcomes all the stages in our lives and gives us peace in the midst of them. Lovely post Jana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply beautiful! Very true and inspiring! I look forward to reading more of your lovely blog!

    Hannah from http://graceineverything.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog